[horde] Problems changing passwords

Ralph Ballier ballier at mail.schule.de
Thu Jan 21 09:02:34 UTC 2016

  Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we use LDAP for authentication. BaseDN is
>> ou=davinci,ou=people,dc=school,dc=de, search is sub.
>>
>> DN of user alice is:  uid=alice,ou=davinci,ou=people,dc=school,dc=de
>>
>> DN of user bob is:
>>  uid=bob,ou=others,ou=davinci,ou=people,dc=school,dc=de
>>
>> Authentication of alice and bob are no problem.
>>
>> Now alice and bob try to change here password.
>>
>> alice: no problem
>>
>> bob: It don't work (invalid credentials)
>>
>> You see in the logfile, that slapd try to bind with
>>   uid=bob,ou=davinci,ou=people,dc=school,dc=de , but this DN don't
>> exists.
>
> Then where did it get the DN from?
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

I mean, it is not a problem to find the user DN, if you make a search with
"sub" and then bind to the correct DN.

But if you write to this DN (perhaps for changing the password), slapd must
take the same DN, which he has found before. But I suppose, it takes the
baseDN, which is found in horde/passwd/config/backends.local.php ('basedn'
=> 'ou=davinci,ou=people,dc=school,dc=de').

Ralph