[horde] PHP 7 and PEAR

Twilek twilek at gmx.de
Tue Feb 2 16:35:32 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I was very happy when I saw that more and more pear horde packages
were cleared for PHP 7, so I decided it was time to try to give it a
whirl. After installation and some minor module problems it worked
pretty well without mayor flaws. Except that it totally borked my pear
installation. When starting pear it would report lots of OIDs which
could not be adopted. The horde packages did not show up in the Horde
configuration page and also wouldn´t show after reinstallation. Horde
would complain that the pear data_dir was not set. I tried to
reinstall horde_role and run the scripts but that wouldn´t help.
Althought this is probably not a really horde specific problem, is
there a way for a smooth transition of a pear installation or did I
forget something. Or will this work out of the box when all packages
are cleared? I run a debian testing system with horde as a pear
installation.

Regards

Henning