[horde] Enhancement request on link attachment feature.

김 덕곤 dgkim at dgkim.net
Thu Feb 4 05:54:49 UTC 2016

We have some trouble with mail attachment files.

Some other mail client doesn't support rfc2231.

So I changed configuration to use link_attachment.

$conf[compose][link_attachments] = 'Yes';
$conf[compose][link_attach_threshold] = 20480;

Attachment normal Document or File is not problem.

But, replying and forwarding is also treated as a Attachment.
(link_attach_threshold can be 0, 20480 is used to get it done. )

So, in my oppinion.
If it is possible, when composing a message,
each user may choose to use or not to use 'link_attachment'.

I remember, Horde 3 provided this feature.

If it is to difficult to handle,
then at least, a normal attachment should be used on reply or forwarding.
(I know, user can choose to insert message body inside. I'm not talking
about that.)
original messages body as a normal attachment.
and attachment file of original message as a link_attachment.

If all the client on the earth supports rfc2231, there will be a peace.