[horde] customize menu.

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Feb 8 14:30:43 UTC 2016

On 02/07/2016 11:52 PM, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Following as explained in wiki is implemented in our setup. Using HGWE
> 5.2.11.
>

> // Custom Menus
>    'intranet' => array(
>        'name' => _("Intranet Links"),
>        'status' => 'heading',
>    ),
>
>    'xyz' => array(
>        'url' => 'http://applications.horde.org/',
>        'name' => _("Application 1"),
>        'status' => 'link',
>        'target' => '_blank',
>        'menu_parent' => 'intranet',
>        'fileroot' => '/tmp',
>        'icon' => ''
>    ),
>
> I have one issue and one requirement.
>
> 1. Issue.
> Sometimes, even with target => '_blank', the url opens in the same tab,
> instead of opening in a new tab.
> 2. Requirement.
> I want to have a sub-menu for 'xyz' instead of adding one more under
> intranet.  Is it possible (like AddressBook->New Contact->In My
> AddressBook)? If yes, can somebody update the same in Wiki or share with
> me?  This is required, since, I have about 25 links in Intranet and the
> bottom three (3 or 4) are out of screen and there is no scrolling option.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Do not know about #2.  We just use the one sub-level.

For #1, all Horde can do is control the content of the <a> tag and if it
has target="_blank" and the browser decides to do something else, that
is a browser issue.  So perhaps you should confirm the <a> tags all have
the target="_blank" attribute?

--
Andy Dorman
Ironic Design, Inc.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.