[horde] horde-alarms reg.

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Tue Feb 9 13:43:15 UTC 2016

On Mo, Feb 08 2016, at 09:56:37 +0530, ANANT S ATHAVALE wrote:

> Please see the forwarded mail.  If user does not give complete email
> id in Calendar, this error is thrown.  Instead, I feel, it should
> append default domain.  wanted your feedback.

I agree that this is very annoying.  I see two ways in which the form
used for entering an email address for reminders to an event could be
improved:

(1) Append the default domain to unqualified addresses just like IMP
does.

(2) Do at least some basic checking of user input.  For instance, an
"email address" such as "a at b@c" should never be accepted.  With current
Kronolith versions, however, it is saved and the problem becomes
apparent only at the point in time when the email reminders are to be
sent.

Jens