[horde] Troubleshooting CalDav

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 19:42:34 UTC 2016

Using GroupWare 5.2.12.

Attempting to connect a Thunderbird mail client to CalDAV.
Went into the Share settings in Horde to get the CalDAV Subscription URL.Entered this into Thunderbird as  Network Calendar under the CalDAV option.Popup box asked for the username and password for the user, which was entered.Thunderbird says that the calendar is 'momentarily unavailable'.Looking at the server logs, I see these three connections:
PROPFIND <URL> HTTP/1.1 207 1359OPTIONS <URL> HTTP/1.1 200 826PROPFIND <URL> HTTP/1.1 500 775
So an internal server error seems to be occurring as the last connection and it fails.  Nothing in the horde log.
I then took the WebDAV/iCS Subscription URL and put it into my web browser.  XML file came up saying permission is denied.
Went to the Sharing settings of the calendar and turned on sharing to be public (although I really don't like that idea).  Refreshed that WebDAV/iCS link and it still said permission denied.  Sharing was then turned back off.
Brian S.