[horde] Expose contact list's emails via LDAP?

Daniel Kraus dk at doktorkraus.de
Tue Mar 8 13:12:32 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am wondering how to make use of Turba's contact lists feature with a
non-Horde mail user agent (in this case, Thunderbird).

I have Turba configured to use a global address book that is stored in
an OpenLDAP directory. Thunderbird fetches addresses from the same LDAP
directory. I can add contacts in Turba, and when I write a new e-mail in
Thunderbird, the contact is automatically fetched with the type-ahead
feature. Good.

Contact lists that I create in Horde/Turba are also stored in the LDAP
directory and are also retrieved by Thunderbird's type-head search.
However, these contact lists have an empty email field, preventing me
from actually sending the message.

Can Turba store the contact list members' email addresses in the LDAP
object's email field? It seems to me that this should be trivial -- when
writing the contact list object to the LDAP directory, build a string of
comma-separated e-mail addresses, and put it in the email field.

Is it possible yet?

Kind regards

Daniel