[horde] imp/config/hooks.php overwritten on upgrade of HGWE

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Mar 22 12:52:39 UTC 2016

Citeren Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:

> On 03/22/2016 06:05 AM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>> Yesterdays upgrade rewrote my imp/config/hooks.php file - again.
>> Assuming the contents of the bundled imp/config/hooks.php file is vital
>> for HGWE, could this file be generated by the webmail-install script in
>> a way that doesn't overwrite it when it already exists?
>>

> Just curious, is there some reason you do not use
> imp/config/hooks.local.php ?

Yes. This will cause errors on the next update, so this is only half a
solution:

     http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20120430/044164.html

Files for which a *.dist version is distributed should not be touched,
but the imp/config/hooks.php is an exception here (see the remaining
messages in this thread, where it is explained why). So far I have
prevented Horde from touching this file by setting the immutable bit,
but apparently I forgot to set it the last time I modified the contents.