[horde] Horde Webmail auf Virtuozzo Problem?

Lutz Jänicke lutz at lutz-jaenicke.de
Wed Mar 30 08:42:17 UTC 2016

Hi!

Since upgrading to the latest Horde Webmail 5.2.13 last week I am
experiencing problems with my virtual Linux server. The "numothersocks"
resource which limits the amount of open UNIX sockets fills up. lsof
indicates that there are a lot of connections open to gam_server which
is responsible to monitor changes to the file system to inform IMAP
about new mails coming in.

System information:
* Ubuntu 14.04 (maintained with latest updates)
* Courier IMAP
* Virtual Server at Hosteurope with Virtuozzo
* Limit to numothersocks: 550 (which seems far too low to make sense but
did not cause problems before)
* Number of users is only five (with ActiveSync)

Since the system was working fine until the last upgrade and no other
components in the area of email/IMAP etc was touched I assume the issue
is conntect with the Horde upgrade... I however may be wrong.
How can I track down this issue?

Best regards,
    Lutz