[horde] State of security with Horde and Imp

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 21:07:14 UTC 2016

hello maillist,

I have a simple question regarding security with Horde and Imp.
Currently, Horde is configured to use Imp as its auth backend.  Imp's
backends.php is configured to use my Gmail account with SSL and the
recommended port from Google.

That being said, I had an incident last week that required me to have
a look at which devices were accessing my account, and I noticed
Google is classifying Horde (and imp I assume) as a "device that does
not support modern security standards".  Rather insulting but is it
true?

How behind is horde/imp in terms of security when compared to lets say
other commercial solutions?  Other question is:  will horde eventually
support double authentication, or is there anything else to implement
to reinforce the simple SSL protocol used by Imp to connect to Gmail?

Best regards
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sent from Horde Groupware - GNU/Linux