[horde] Possibility to mass download emails on local filesystem or mass print?

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 17:05:53 UTC 2016

Hello,

Currently horde does not offer the possibility to either mass print
several emails, or download them for archival on filesystem.  In other
words, other than doing one email at a time, its impossible to archive
or manipulate them out of the email server.  This would be beneficial
for archival of important emails, or when they need to be printed.

The need arose today when someone asked me to make a single PDF of 40
odd emails on my Gmail account.  Google doesnt offer the possibility
to mass print them or export them locally, and neither does horde.  I
specially had to install thunderbird (client is running a mint
machine, so no Outlook), add my gmail account, then TBird offered the
possibility to export (save as...) them (as .eml files) on the local
filesystem, or mass print them (create a huge PDF or print them
directly on a printer

So why Horde couldn't??  I have a hard time nobody thought of adding
this feature to horde? Productivity wise, its much needed IMO..
Perhaps there's a better way to extract emails from the jail that is
the email server?  If I had the slightest idea about coding, I'd try
something but I know nothing about programming so the only way I can
contribute is by bringing end user feedback and feature suggestions to
improve horde and its friends ;)

Thanks
  Louis-Philippe Allard
lp.allard.1 at gmail.com