[horde] We would like to contribute

Paco Orozco paco.orozco at upcnet.es
Wed May 4 05:26:25 UTC 2016

Hello,

My name is Paco Orozco and I am one of those responsible for the team
that manages the mail server on Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya ·
BarcelonaTech (UPC).

For more than 8 years we use Horde as our mail platform. We are
currently using the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition version 5.2.11, and
in July we will update to the newest existed version. Our mail service
is used by more than 30,000 users through the web portal or the use of
Thunderbird's client.

You can see some more information here (in catalan, sorry):
http://serveistic.upc.edu/ca/correuUPC/documentacio/documentacio-tecnica

In the last years we have been using Horde as mere consumers. Using the
solution and, rarely, hiring services from Horde LLC for programming
some customizations. Over time we have realized that maintaining these
changes is very costly, it requires a lof of effort. In each version we
must implement and verify the customizations.

That is why we would like to know the best way to collaborate with the
community. So that we can make public some of the features we required
and set about it. We would also like to offer our ability to testing
errors, we have a lot of users and this is a good test environment. We
have reported by the proper way but we have not received much support.

On the other hand, we are willing to contribute financially for the
development of certain solutions, as long as they can be implemented in
the public code. We have got some developers that would contribute it, too.

Is there a figure which could establish this collaboration?

Thanks in advance.
Paco
--
Paco Orozco (paco.orozco at upcnet.es)