[horde] Installing current Horde via rpm...

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun May 15 10:11:27 UTC 2016

Am 14.05.2016 um 20:52 schrieb Michael C. Robinson:
> Is there a CentOS 7 compatible set of rpms for Horde 5.2.xx?
>
> I tried setting up the latest Apache and the latest PHP in a
> virtualbox CentOS 7 environment from source.  Using source without
> building RPMS kinda breaks things in CentOS.  I understand that
> Horde isn't PHP compatible yet.  CentOS 7 doesn't even have Apache
> 2.4.18, one of the reasons why I have been using source code in my
> tests.
>
> I run into problems with Perl too.  CentOS 7's version is not
> supported.  Worse, I don't know how to make rpms to install
> the supported version let alone convince the system that those
> dependencies are met by my custom compiled perl.
We have current Horde RPMs for SUSE (SLES and OpenSUSE) in Open Build
Service

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/isv:B1-Systems:Horde5:rolling
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/isv:/B1-Systems:/Horde5:/rolling/

In theory, these should also work on RHEL 7, but I have not tested and I
am currently too busy to support a RHEL 7 build. These are mostly
noarch, anyway

I'm sure there is also some current EPEL for RHEL/CentOS for Horde, for
Apache and for PHP.

What do you mean by CentOS' Perl is not supported? Supported by which
software or by which vendor?

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer