[horde] Using unique ID for accounts

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Sun May 29 16:28:30 UTC 2016

Every account of ours have an unique id (8 alphanumeric chars).
In this way we can for example change the name of the relative email and
still maintain all the references to that account (for example all the
preferences).

I'd like to maintain this ability in Horde too, but I don't understand
if (and how) it can be achieved.

It seems that I have to use the authusername() hook, but it seems to
work only to convert the username to the unique ID used for the DBs
($toHorde == true). But it seems that the reverse function is not used
in a lot of places. For example: 1) as default From address of sent
email; 2) as name in the Turba default address books; 3) as name in the
Horde Portal; Etc... In all these places we'd like to use the email
address instead of the user ID.

Is there a way to obtain it?

Thanks.