[horde] [dev] Horde 6 vs. Horde 5.3

Paco Orozco paco.orozco at upcnet.es
Thu Jun 16 07:02:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have a lot of users that have started using the calenda. The bugs and
pending improvements of the current horde version are producing a lot of
pressure to us to find an alternative.

Having a H5.3 version, with the development Kronolith version, will help
us a lot. This could reduce the pressure from our users.

I understand the cost that this entails, as refactoring and changes in
the use of libraries and code are necessary to attract more developers
to the community. Without them, as you say, it is difficult to adapt to
the speed that users demands.

However, I think very necessary to publish the H5.3 in a relatively
short period.

I'll be following this discussion, I think it's a good decission to ask
feedback.

Come on!
Paco

--