[horde] Browser notification keeps nagging

Daniel Kraus dk at doktorkraus.de
Thu Jun 23 06:24:19 UTC 2016

On Wed Jun 22 2016 16:11:47 GMT+0200 (CEST), Jan Schneider
<jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Daniel Kraus <dk at doktorkraus.de>:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> the browser notification for a Horde task keeps nagging me.
>>
>> The task is definitively marked as completed, and even the due date that
>> I had set has passed. Still, the browser notifications for this
>> particular task keep appearing with every click in Horde.
>>
>> What am I missing, how can I turn this off (without generally blocking
>> browser notifications from Horde)?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Dismiss the notification? Also make sure that this isn't a recurring task.

Thanks for the response. No, it wasn't a recurring task. But here's a
very strange observation: The notifications kept popping up with
Chromium 50.0.2661.102 (Ubuntu 16.04). When I visited the site with
Firefox 47.0, the notification (for the completed, historical task)
appeared once, but never again after dismissing it. Interestingly, going
back to Chromium, the notification no longer appeared either!

So, the problem is solved, but the question remains for me why Chromium
doesn't properly dismiss notifications, but accepts when another browser
has dismissed one.

Daniel