[horde] Browser notification keeps nagging

Daniel Kraus dk at doktorkraus.de
Thu Jun 23 08:37:00 UTC 2016

On Thu Jun 23 2016 09:17:57 GMT+0200 (CEST), Jan Schneider
<jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Daniel Kraus <dk at doktorkraus.de>:
>
>> On Wed Jun 22 2016 16:11:47 GMT+0200 (CEST), Jan Schneider
>> <jan at horde.org> wrote:

>>> Dismiss the notification? Also make sure that this isn't a recurring
>>> task.
>>>

>> Thanks for the response. No, it wasn't a recurring task. But here's a
>> very strange observation: The notifications kept popping up with
>> Chromium 50.0.2661.102 (Ubuntu 16.04). When I visited the site with
>> Firefox 47.0, the notification (for the completed, historical task)
>> appeared once, but never again after dismissing it. Interestingly, going
>> back to Chromium, the notification no longer appeared either!
>>
>> So, the problem is solved, but the question remains for me why Chromium
>> doesn't properly dismiss notifications, but accepts when another browser
>> has dismissed one.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> We do talk about the horde-style notifications in the bottom right
> corner, right? Not about the desktop notifications.

No, not the ones in the bottom-right corner, but the browser desktop
notifications.

> Do you see any Javascript errors in the browser console? Or any errors
> in the horde/PHP logs?

No errors in the browser console or in the server logs.

I can reproduce this with new tasks: Set the due date to this morning,
enable reminder, mark the task as done, and the notifications keep
appearing, even when I log into Horde with another browser that has
never seen this task in the 'active' state. There should be no
notifications for completed tasks -- I believe this might be an issue
with Horde.

Only when I check "done" in the initial task creation form, I will never
get to see notifications.

(Another, browser-related usability problem that I discovered is this:
When notifications are 'dismissed' by clicking the X in the top-right
corner, the keep re-appearing. They can be dismissed for good by
clicking into the client area of the notification. This won't give any
visual feedback in either Chromium or Firefox, but afterwards the
notification is gone for good.)

Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.2.14

Daniel