[horde] connecting horde to openldap

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 14:34:19 UTC 2016

Hello all again,

OK, I think I managed to isolate the issue.

It seems that this is the piece of code that created it :

"turba/config/backends.php" :

   'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,ou=contacts,dc=hordeserver,dc=home,dc=local'

I tried to re-create the problem with phpldapadmin and it seems I did it.

If I try to access "contacts" ou under "phpldapadmin" the login screen should
be like so :

LOGIN DN:
cn=admin,dc=hordeserver,dc=home,dc=local

PASSWORD:
<ENTER_PASS_HERE>

And I can logon to the phpldapadmin page.

Now if I try to do this :

LOGIN DN:
cn=admin,ou=contacts,dc=hordeserver,dc=home,dc=local

PASSWORD:
<ENTER_PASS_HERE>

phpldapadmin comes back with exactly the same error message :

Unable to connect to LDAP server Hordeserver LDAP Server
Error: Invalid credentials (49) for user

So , I thought, I might try to take away the "ou" string from within
"backends.php", so I did :

"turba/config/backends.php" :
CHANGED THIS :
   'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,ou=contacts,dc=hordeserver,dc=home,dc=local'

TO This :
    'bind_dn' => 'cn=admin,dc=hordeserver,dc=home,dc=local'

And here is the error message from within turba :

Fatal error: Class 'Horde_Ldap_Filter' not found in /var/www/html/turba/lib/Driver/Ldap.php on line 170
A fatal error has occurred

Class 'Horde_Ldap_Filter' not found

Details have been logged for the administrator.

>From what I understand, I am doing something wrong with the authentication process
on turba.

Any ideas ?

Thank you all for your time,