[horde] some trouble adding contacts on turba via openldap

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Fri Jul 22 01:46:42 UTC 2016

----- Message from Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk> ---------
     Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:38:24 +0000 (UTC)
     From: Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>
  Subject: Re: [horde] some trouble adding contacts on turba via openldap
       To: Horde List <horde at lists.horde.org>

> On Thu, 21/7/16, A. Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de> wrote:
>
>  Subject: Re: [horde] some trouble adding contacts on turba via openldap
>  To: "Spyros Tsiolis" <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>
>  Cc: "Horde List" <horde at lists.horde.org>
>  Date: Thursday, 21 July, 2016, 12:21
>

>  Am 21.07.2016 um 11:15 schrieb Spyros
>  Tsiolis:
>  > From /var/log/syslog :
>  >
>  > "
>  > Jul 21 11:50:14 hordeserver HORDE: [turba]
>  Failed to add an object: [65] "Object class
>  violation" ...
>
>  doublecheck you include required shema
>  definitions.
>  see https://wiki.horde.org/NewLDAPHowTo#toc4
>  and https://www.horde.org/apps/turba/docs/LDAP
>
>  Andreas
>
> Hi again Andreas and thank you for your reply.
>
> I'm pretty sure I've checked everything.
> horde.schema wasn't loaded , so I loaded it up too but
> the outcome is the same. No change.
>
> On the same issue here's what I've stumbled upon
> on the syslog file :
>
> "
> Jul 21 13:07:24 hordeserver slapd[15841]: Entry (cn=Name
> Surname,ou=contacts,dc=hordeserver,dc=home,dc=local):
> object class 'inetOrgPerson' requires attribute 'sn'
> "
>
> Does that have something with my issue ?
> I checked turba/config/backends.php and there's no "sn" field.
> Just "cn"
>
> s.

----- End message from Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk> -----

I found OpenLDAP quite limiting for back-ending Turba. I got it
working, but ran into issues with multiple email addresses that just
got too difficult to fix, so I shifted my Turba backend to MySQL. I
still use OpenLDAP for authentication.

Having said that, for what it is worth, the schema that I have loaded
(that DID work for Turba / OpenLDAP) are (in slapd.conf):

include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/rfc2739.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/horde.schema
include /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema

You also will need to map the Turba attributes to what OpenLDAP
expects to get - otherwise the write fails.

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16