[horde] some trouble adding contacts on turba via openldap

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 07:26:42 UTC 2016

Hi Simon,

 Your LDAP is
 expecting 'sn'

 You
 need to find out why Turba is not passing it. My
 backends.local.php has:

 'lastname' => 'sn'

 along with a bunch of other
 'map' parameters for 'localldap'...

 (Don't just copy and
 paste)

 'map' =>
 array(
      '__type'
 => 'turbaType',

    '__members' =>
 'turbaMembers',

    'firstname' =>
 'givenName',

    'lastname' => 'sn',
      'middlenames' =>
 'initials',

    'title' => 'title',
      'company' =>
 'organizationname',

    'office' =>
 'roomNumber',

    'department' => 'ou',
      'businessCategory'
 => 'businesscategory',

    'workAddress' =>
 'postaladdress',

    'fax' =>
 'facsimiletelephonenumber',

    'cellPhone' => 'mobile',
      'notes' =>
 'description',

    'nickname' =>
 'displayName',

    'spouse' =>
 'spouseName',

    'website' =>
 'labeledURI',

    'pgpPublicKey' =>
 'object_pgppublickey',

    'smimePublicKey' =>
 'object_smimepublickey',

    'photo' => 'jpegPhoto',
      'freebusyUrl' =>
 'calFBURL',
 );

 See 'lastname' is being sent to LDAP as
 'sn' which is what your LDAP
 is
 complaining about.

 Simon.

 'map' =>
 array(
          '__type' => 'turbaType',
          '__members' => 'turbaMembers',

          'firstname' => 'givenName',
          'lastname' => 'sn',

In my "backends.php" "__type" and "__members"
is commended out.
If I uncomment them, then I can no longer make
changes to existing ldap entries from within turba
(which I can)

I tried adding "firstname" and "lastname" but turba
complains about it and it doesn't change anything.

I think the mistake is totally mine since I haven't added this
as Andreas Shultze pointed out in his mail (Sorry andreas if I didn't get
your surname right :-) :

> doublecheck you include required shema
> definitions.
> see https://wiki.horde.org/NewLDAPHowTo#toc4
> and https://www.horde.org/apps/turba/docs/LDAP

For the first link (https://wiki.horde.org/NewLDAPHowTo#toc4)
I haven't added the suggested LDAP entries.
I don't understand what they (these entries) are supposed to
do but Andreas was pretty adamant about this.

So I suspect I should stop shooting in the dark and do a
fresh install and try what Andreas suggests.

Would any know what is this DSA ou ?
Also, "users" , "groups" and "admin" ?
When I only have one ou called "contacts" and one user called "admin"

What I am saying here is that maybe this is too complicated for my
scenario ?

In any case, I am going to install a test-bed and try this.

Thank you very much for your reply though.

ta,

s.

Andreas