[horde] Clients with multiple IP addresses being forcibly logged out

Ole Wolf wolf at blazingangles.com
Thu Aug 25 07:14:01 UTC 2016

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

>> Obviously, 'happy eyeballs' (RFC 6555) isn't working for you. Which
>> browser is this? Usually, HE should make sure that you have
>> consistent IPv4 or IPv6 connections, not both intermingled. Either
>> you have a broken HE implementation, or your IPv6 connection is
>> unstable. Note that the latter can also be caused by a too short
>> SLAAC interval, causing the IPv6 address to change within a
>> session. Currently Horde can't cope with that. I already wrote an
>> enhancement request, but this is not implented yet (as far as I
>> knowl.
>
>> I realize it's a security feature, but here's the problem:
>> multiple client IP addresses is a valid setup (e.g., caused by IPv4
>> aliases, multiple network cards, or multiple IPv6 addresses), so
>> how do I resolve this? Is there a configuration option in Horde
>> that I can't find that allows me to disable the IP address
>> verification?

I originally thought it was the SLAAC interval, too, but the IP change
is between IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. I'd have expected the connection
to always use the IPv6 address if available, but apparently it doesn't.

I'm using the most recent release of the Chrome Browser for Linux (and
Windows, for that matter) as of this writing, but it's been happening
for a few years.

Ole Wolf
Rødhættevej 4 • 9400 Nørresundby
Telefon: 9632-0108 • Mobil: 2467-5526 • Skype: ole.wolf