[horde] Horde / Courier not working after server transfer

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Aug 25 15:34:37 UTC 2016

Quoting b4273377 <b4273377 at gmail.com>:

> Hello everyone,
>
> after I had a hard disk crash and managed to transfer (hopefully)
> all files to a new server, I need your help.
>
> I have access to the mailboxes via horde and can send mails to other
> domains on the same server, but can't send or receive mails from/to
> other mail servers and cannot access with a mail program. The ports
> are opened, tested with telnet.

This isn't really a Horde related issue. That being said, since Horde
is able to reach the mail server perhaps the mail server is only
configured for the loopback interface?

> I follwed more or less these instructions from
> https://kb.plesk.com/en/112699:
>
>> Restore mailnames content:
> # rsync -av /old/var/qmail/mailnames/ /var/qmail/mailnames/
> # chown -R popuser:popuser /var/qmail/mailnames/*
>
> Repair the mail configuration:
> # /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk –-with-spam
>
> When I login to horde I get:
>
>> The preferences backend is currently unavailable and your
>> preferences have not been loaded. You may continue to use the
>> system with default preferences.

Sounds like your preference storage backend (probably sql) is not
running, not reachable, or the credentials that horde is using to
login to the sql server are not correct.

--
mike
The Horde Project