[horde] Spam

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Mon Aug 29 22:21:27 UTC 2016

On 08/29/2016 02:00 PM, PAC wrote:
> I'm currently being swamped with about 100 spam emails a day. I have the spam- level filter set at ***** but Horde is not catching very many.  Many spam emails come from an address with .top for the final extension. I have built a filters trying to use * to represent the address,I. E., *@*.*.top, *@*.top and even just *.top. So far, this has not worked. Can the * be used as a substitution for the changing portions of these spam addresses?
>
> I'm not sure of what Horde my ISP is using. My ISP is Host Excellence.  I primarily use my iPhone to view email using Apple Mail via IMAP.
>
> Any help controlling my spam problem would be appreciated.
>
> Paul Coppinger
> Sent from my iPad
> "Wish I understood all I know"

Horde is an email client, not a spam filter. Like any client Horde has
basic filters to sort incoming email based on static values and is not
designed to deal with the forged values that most spam has.

Spam filtering is a very complex process that changes almost hourly as
the spammers change tactics and sender domains. Talk with your email
provider, Host Excellence?, about using a real spam filter like
SpamAssassin.

--
Andy Dorman