[horde] Mails sent from Horde identified as spam on the sending server

Volker Then horde40 at volkerthen.com
Thu Sep 1 12:47:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

some of my messages sent with horde (webinterface or ActiveSync
client) get already filtered as spam by the local spamassassin instance:

  pts rule name              description
  3.6 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
                             [80.131.175.177 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
  0.2 CK_HELO_GENERIC        Relay used name indicative of a Dynamic Pool or
                             Generic rPTR
  1.6 RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT   RBL: No description available.
                             [80.131.175.177 listed in bb.barracudacentral.org]

It is due to the Received-from header in the horde emails:

  [80.131.175.177]) by ********* (Horde Framework) with HTTPS; Thu, 01

It is weird that the client is identified as a relay, it shouldn't be
like this. Is that more an issue of a wrongly configured spamassassin
or can that be fixed by horde itself, by omitting the client specific
received-header? If yes, how would I do that?

I have that issue now with almost any dynamic client IP.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Volker