[horde] Mails sent from Horde identified as spam on the sending server

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Sep 1 13:27:50 UTC 2016

Citeren Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com>:

> Hi,
>
> some of my messages sent with horde (webinterface or ActiveSync
> client) get already filtered as spam by the local spamassassin
> instance:
>
> Content analysis details:   (5.5 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ----------------------
>  3.6 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
>                             [80.131.175.177 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
>  0.2 CK_HELO_GENERIC        Relay used name indicative of a Dynamic Pool or
>                             Generic rPTR
>  1.6 RCVD_IN_BRBL_LASTEXT   RBL: No description available.
>                             [80.131.175.177 listed in
> bb.barracudacentral.org]

Question is, why do you run SA on locally originating messages in the
first place? Occasionally, the systems of your users may get infected
by a spam sending trojan, but most of the time it is pointless to
check local messages for spam. In your case, I would configure my
mailserver to only run SA checks on messages entering your system on
port 25 and not the port your users use for submitting messages
(usually port 587).