[horde] Reset Password and Passwd

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 11:16:12 UTC 2016

 Hi

I can't believe this hasn't come up before..

In my horde.cong, I have set

$conf['auth']['resetpassword'] = true;

to provide a "reset password" link on the login page..

No link appears on the login screen - not even after an incorrect login.

What am I doing wrong?  I am using IMP authentication with a MySQL
backend through dovecot.

Secondly, in accordance with the hint, I left
$conf[auth][resetpassword_from] blank so that the reset email would
come from the users account.  Of course that may well be the case, but
I can't test it.

What would be nice - and I don't see an enhancement request for this -
is to have a tokenised link sent via email for people who cannot
remember their password which can then be user to reset their
password.

Yes, I see the obvious flaw here - if you can't remember your
password, how can you get the email to click on the link, but a) it
might be possible to do this from a mobile if ActiveSync is working
and b) the obvious next step is for me as admin to push the link to
someone so that I don't have to open the backend and reset their
password and then force them to change it..

Is there any active development on passwd?   How do the hundreds of
university admins handle this?

Thanks.

Simon