[horde] Horde installation with PHP7

Melkor Lord melkor.lord at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:55:52 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 9:03 PM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

If by any chance you have a quick fix for that, it would be nice:

>> [ingo] PHP ERROR: Declaration of Horde_Form_Type_country::init($prompt =
>> NULL) should be compatible with Horde_Form_Type_enum::init($values,
>> $prompt
>> = NULL) [pid 13858 on line 0 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Form/Type.php"]
>>

> There is no fix, this is just a warning.

There should be a fix for that. There's obviously something wrong with the
init() method for not supporting the same number of arguments accross all
inheritances from Horde_Form_Type_enum. Maybe this was allowed in previous
versions of PHP but not any more apparently.

I can dig into the code to quick-fix it myself but as you guys have the
full insight of your project, it would be a cleaner fix and also avoid all
kinds of side effects.

Currently, this error is filling up my syslog on about every page access
which is VERY annoying and dangerous too as it creates log noise that could
make other errors hard to spot.

I really would appreciate a way to fix this ERROR, because it is treated as
such by PHP.

--
Unix _IS_ user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.