[horde] Reset Password and Passwd

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 08:18:38 UTC 2016

On 14 Sep 2016 10:01, "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Zitat von Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I can't believe this hasn't come up before..
>>
>> In my horde.cong, I have set
>>
>> $conf['auth']['resetpassword'] = true;
>>
>> to provide a "reset password" link on the login page..
>>
>> No link appears on the login screen - not even after an incorrect login.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?  I am using IMP authentication with a MySQL
>> backend through dovecot.
>

> You don't use an authentication backend that supports password resetting.

If you're saying IMAP can't somehow change the password, you're correct.
But as the basic user management is done via a custom MySQL backend, it
should be trivial to specify the table name and password field in the
settings and to populate it once the tokenised link has been verified.

Will you accept an enhancement request?

Simon