[horde] Email composing times out.

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Oct 12 04:28:19 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 20:48 -0700, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
> I'll be composing an email and imp will close on me followed by the
> composing window shortly after.  How do I control this timeout?
> I'm getting session has expired please login again.  Ideally, the
> session should last up to 45 minutes or longer, not 1 minute.

A little experimenting, the problem generally occurs when I try
to send an email.  Still stumped as to why this is happening.

On the subject of email, I want dovecot to use the passwords in
the horde database which I probably want to replicate on the mail
server for security reasons.  I have an offline mariadb server on
another machine in another building.  If this private database
server crashes, I still want to be able to access email locally
without horde. Currently, the password to log into horde is in
no way synced with the email access password.  They can be
completely different.

I currently don't know how to set mariadb up for encrypted
connections, one of the reasons why my database is offline.
Am I looking at a horde framework/imp problem, a dovecot
problem, or a database problem?  Some way or other, I get
unauthenticated and have to log in again.