[horde] Email composing times out.

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 12 10:59:34 UTC 2016

Citeren "Michael C. Robinson" <plug_1 at robinson-west.com>:

> On Tue, 2016-10-11 at 20:48 -0700, Michael C. Robinson wrote:
>> I'll be composing an email and imp will close on me followed by the
>> composing window shortly after.  How do I control this timeout?
>> I'm getting session has expired please login again.  Ideally, the
>> session should last up to 45 minutes or longer, not 1 minute.
>
> A little experimenting, the problem generally occurs when I try
> to send an email.  Still stumped as to why this is happening.
>
> On the subject of email, I want dovecot to use the passwords in
> the horde database which I probably want to replicate on the mail
> server for security reasons.

This is not a good idea...

>  I have an offline mariadb server on
> another machine in another building.  If this private database
> server crashes, I still want to be able to access email locally
> without horde.

...since this will depend on said database. Why do you want to store
the passwords in the Horde database and replicate them on the
mailserver anyway? It is usually much easier and more robust to store
them on only one system and let other systems authenticate clients
there. For instance on the system running your mailserver (if that
isn't running, authentication is moot anyway).

> Currently, the password to log into horde is in
> no way synced with the email access password.  They can be
> completely different.

Why do you want that? In most Horde installations, authentication is
handled by IMP (which in turn uses IMAP for authentication). You can
then use whatever storage backend you want for Dovecot.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mariadb+ssl+connections&l=1

> Am I looking at a horde framework/imp problem, a dovecot
> problem, or a database problem?  Some way or other, I get
> unauthenticated and have to log in again.

It's unclear to me what you're really trying to accomplish.