[horde] Disable gethostbyaddr() - Reverse Lookup Problem

Andre Luiz Paiz andre.paiz at iqm.unicamp.br
Fri Oct 14 13:07:53 UTC 2016

Dear Horde team,

We are experiencing problems with reverse DNS lookup from some users.
When DNS cannot reverse the user IP address from some external
providers, the webmail becomes very very very slow.
I have disabled all apache reverse lookups, but I have seen somewhere
that horde makes use of the gethostbyaddr() PHP function. If that so,
is there a way to avoid using it?
I know that this is not a Horde problem, but we have a provider here
in Brazil that is causing this problem to a lot of users and I need a
work around.

Thanks everybody
  Atenciosamente

André Luiz Paiz