[horde] Invalid e-mail address, or missing domain error.

Grouchy Sysadmin sysadmin at i.grouchysysadmin.com
Tue Nov 1 19:15:43 UTC 2016

On 10/10/2016 04:44 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Grouchy Sysadmin <sysadmin at i.grouchysysadmin.com>:

>>> If you don't have a confirm_addr hook in IMP that causes this, it's most
>>> probably the SMTP server really.
>>>

>> That was my first thought too. Since then, I've tested several working
>> SMTP servers including Gmail, and my own personal server. I still have
>> the validation error, despite the mailing service being turned off.
>> EX: $conf['mailer']['type'] = 'null';
>>
>> The hooks file is still the example hooks.php.dist without change.
>>
>> Does Horde still try to validate the email even when the mailer is
>> turned off?
>
> Yes.
>
>> What does the validation? Is this in Horde, or one of the third party
>> pear libraries? If it's the latter, which one?
>
> Horde_Mail_Rfc822
>
>> Thank you for your help. I'll keep digging into it.

Is there a way to test the validation results of an email address from
the PHP shell?

I'm looking for any clue as to why it's failing. Thus far, I've not been
able to trigger any error other than the consistent notice that all
email addresses are invalid, or the domain is missing.

Any pointers appreciated.