[horde] Horde Activesync with Outlook 2013/2016: duplicate folders on folder creation

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Nov 15 16:26:13 UTC 2016

Quoting Hendrik Noack <hn at axxedia-it.de>:

> I added the debug command and got the output from the imap folder list.
>
> https://www.schwabstrasse.me/owncloud/s/jDz6df9Ss351PJk
>
> The new folder is NewTestThree. You can see that the first two
> attempts don't show the new folder, but it is there on the third
> attempt.
>
> IMAP subscriptions were enabled in IMP, but it did not make any
> difference turning them off.

Ok. I think I have it now.

In IMP, the folder tree is cached in the session. ActiveSync is
session-less, so there shouldn't be any reason the folder tree would
persist from one request to the next. Howeverm it looks like this is
what is happening for you. I'm adding code to ensure that the folder
tree is refreshed when grabbing it from IMP's API. It will be in the
next release of IMP and Core, but here are the relevant commits if you
want to test these changes:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/c45211d13e888b4c789ff5e0032fcee850a549cf

and

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/2bf45c7a1030004441f9fb1ef7480d60724c6e43