[horde] Status Horde 5.3/6.0, official PHP7 Support, EAS 16

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Wed Dec 14 09:42:04 UTC 2016

Dear Horde Devs,

First of all I would like to thank you for your dedication to the horde
project in the last year - your project is a great piece of software!

Since this year is soon over, I would like to take the chance to get an
update of the current status.

Some month ago, there was a discussion on the list how to go on with Horde,
wait until everything is done for Horde 6 or if it should be released as
Horde 5.3

What is the current status in this decision? What type of work needs to be
done to get the release out. How can the community contributer to speed up
things?

Additionally, PHP is moving more and more towards 7.0, so an official
support of the Horde project for PHP7 would be nice. I read in the list that
PHP7 should basically work, also forcing packages to PHP7 is still required.
I will test this out soon. What is required in detail to bring official PHP7
support to all packages to close this topic?

As a last step: is EAS 16.0 finally implemented? What is a blocker to
release it (maybe even in the 5.2 series?)

What would it cost to implement EAS 16.1 [1] (including release as official
packages!)?

Thanks again for all your input into the project!

Warm regards,

Torben

[1]
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/exchangedev/2016/06/13/announcing-exchange-