[horde] Username and pref_uid

Christian Schoepplein c.schoepplein at musin.de
Thu Dec 22 17:07:31 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am updating a very old horde installation to the newest packages,
everything fine so far. But one thing regarding username and the
pref_uid, which is used for example to identify personal preferences
in the horde_prefs table, is causing me headaches :-(.

To log in to horde and imapservers the login firstname.lastname shall be
used and the mailaddress of the users
shall be firstname.lastname at domain.tld. This is working so far, but with
that kind of setup in the horde_prefs table all user settings are stored
with the pref_uid firstname.lastname.

Now I am looking for a simple solution to add a additional string to
the pref_uid, so that it looks like this:
(firstname.lastname.additional_string

I've tried to do this using the authusername hook and I was able to
change the string, but unfortunatly this is changing the userId variable
in general and the additional string is also added to mailaddresses,
e.g., so a mailaddress loks like
firstname.lastname.additional_string at domain.tld now.

Is there an easy way to use another pref_uid then the userId which is
entered while login into horde? Or to ask it another way: Can I
initialize a different pref_uid then the userId everytime a user is
login in?

Cheers,

  Schoepp

--
Christian Schoepplein

Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
Zentrum fuer Informationstechnologie im Bildungsbereich (ZIB)
- Netze und Servermanagement

Postanschrift:                          Bueroanschrift:

Landeshauptstadt Muenchen               Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
Referat fuer Bildung und Sport          Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
Postfach                                Bayerstr. 28 (Raum 5.326)

80313 Muenchen                          80335 Muenchen

T: +49 (0)89 233-87623
E: c.schoepplein (at) musin.de
I: http://www.zib.musin.de

Elektronische Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt Muenchen, siehe:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken. Pro
Blatt sparen Sie durchschnittlich 15g Holz, 260ml Wasser, 0,05kWh Strom
und 5g CO2.