[horde] Possible Bug in LDAP Auth

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Wed Jan 18 12:11:34 UTC 2017

----- Message from Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de> ---------
    Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 16:23:53 +0100
    From: Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>
Subject: Re: [horde] Possible Bug in LDAP Auth
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von Jens Wahnes <wahnes at uni-koeln.de>:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 03 2017, at 22:48:16 +0100, Ralph Ballier wrote:
>>
>>> I had the same problem. I have made an update to "Horde Groupware
>>> Webmail Edition 5.2.17" with "pear upgrade -a -B -c horde".
>>>
>>> On the configuration page was the only striking line
>>> "Horde (horde) 5.2.13 Configuration is out of date"
>>>
>>> Then I clicked the button "Update all configurations".
>>> After that the line had disappeared and everything seemed to be all right.
>>>
>>> But no one could log in afterwards.
>>>
>>> I have the new file horde/config/conf.php compared with the previous
>>> file. I noticed that the new file is only three lines apart from the old
>>> file (they are new):
>>>
>>> $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['uid'] = 'uid';
>>> $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['objectclass'] = array ('*');
>>> $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['filter_type'] = 'objectclass';
>>>
>>> I do not know how these lines have come into the file. In any case, no
>>> login has been possible. I have reused the previous conf.php and thus
>>> there are no more problems.
>>>
>>> But now it is still on the configuration page that the Horde
>>> configuration is out of date (see above).
>>>
>>> The LDAP log contains an entry similar to that given by Roellig.
>>
>> As discussed in the other thread that deals with this problem ("Horde
>> 5.2.13 (final)"), the note that the configuration file needs updating
>> will disappear if you replace the third (or so) line of conf.php (old
>> version without the 3 lines mentioned above) which starts with "// $Id"
>> with the "ID line" from the newer version of conf.php.  But this only
>> suppresses the notification that an update of the configuration file is
>> required. So it's just a workaround, not a solution to the problem.
>>
>> Jens
>
> The line // $ Id: 78acbab5980b3b1531db0732c3611a17deae7c83 $    was
> of course also new. I have replaced the previous line and now the
> message has disappeared. I have no idea why the exchange of this
> line was necessary.
>
> Ralph

----- End message from Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de> -----

I wasted about 4 hours on this today. Before working out that I needed
to put an objectclass in $conf['ldap']['user'] and not just leave it
as $conf['ldap']['user']['objectclass'] = array('*');

No one could log on. Not impressed to say the least.

Simon

--
Simon Wilson
M: 0400 12 11 16