[horde] Creating an Info Dashboard: Horde API or command line tools?

James Mohr horde at jimmo.com
Mon Jan 30 10:35:57 UTC 2017

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

>> Which 4?
>>
>> I see nothing that ActiveSync provides which would allow my wife to
>> simply send an email to update a todo- or shopping list.
>
> Your wife could simply use a recent outlook via activesync.
>
>> I apologize if you think I am attacking you, but I am getting frustrated
>> because I really didn't expect to have a write a doctoral disseration on
>> why I would like a command line or API interface to Horde.
>
> Just use the existing APIs - json-rpc, xmlrpc, caldav/carddav or whatever.
>

> --
> Ralf Lang
> Linux Consultant / Developer
> Tel.: +49-170-6381563
> Mail: lang at b1-systems.de
> B1 Systems GmbH
> Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / http://www.b1-systems.de
> GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt,HRB 3537

Servus Ralf!

She uses Outlook for email...period. I've tried to get her to use the
calendar, but she prefers to use her bound, hard copy. Getting her to
use the tasks in Outlook would be a miracle.  It would be an even
bigger miracle to get her to use an app on her smart phone. However,
miracles can happen. ;-)

Danke und Gruß aus Süd-Thüringen
James