[horde] Problems with selecting addressbooks - php errors

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Feb 3 03:33:16 UTC 2017

Quoting David Cunningham <dcunningham at additionnetworks.net>:

> Hi Michael,
>
> I’m sorry, I don’t know what that means to not top post, apparently.
>
> And sorry that I missed your response.
>
> I do not appear to have a “search_sources” option in my or any other
> user’s horde_prefs table.  So, that appears to not be it.

This would be a preference for IMP, the mail application. Be sure to
also check IMP's config/prefs.local.php file to be sure there is
nothing set there for it.

> I do have this set in prefs.php.local for turba:

The file name should be prefs.local.php, not prefs.php.local.

> // Columns to be displayed in Browse and Search results, with entries
> // for the columns displayed for each address book.  Separate address
> // book stanzas with \n and columns with \t. The "name" column is
> // currently always displayed first and so cannot be modified here.
> // Double quotes MUST be used as in the example.
> $_prefs['columns'] = array(
>     'value' => "localsql\temail\nlocalldap\temail"
> );

This pref is for displaying the columns when using Turba and browsing
an addressbook, not when setting IMP's addressbook preference.

> Which also doesn’t appear to work as intended.

If you truly have named the file prefs.php.local, then it will never
be loaded.

Back to the original problem though, if you can't find that pref entry
in your database, or in imp/config/prefs.local.php then I'm out of
quick ideas. I'd really need to look at your system and trace the code
to see where it is coming from. If you would like this further, more
in-depth help, we can provide this via our consulting services. Jan or
I would be happy to discuss this with you off-list if interested.

> Also, either an example of a link to an example/rules on how to
> properly respond on this list would be appreciated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style#Choosing_the_proper_posting_style

Basically, it makes things very difficult to parse a conversation when
top posting.