[horde] Upgrade to PHP7 finished - mail notification issue in Wicked

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 9 16:17:37 UTC 2017

Quoting Torben Dannhauer <torben at dannhauer.info>:

> Hi,
>

> I nearly finished my migration of my horde setup to a PHP7 system.
>

> However, I'm fighting against a strange error:
>

> When editing Wiki pages in Wicked, it saves the changes as expected, but it
> does not send the notification email. Instead, it throws a red notification
> "Error connecting to SMTP server."
>
> In contrast, composing an sending an email in Imp works as expected.
>
> Does Wicked use different mailer settings than the global ones defined in
> the horde configuration page?

IIRC, ultimately they should both send mail through the mailer
returned from the injector, which pulls from the global config (unless
overriding it in IMP's config). However, the actual email body may be
built using different objects. Any information in the logs? If not, it
might help to do a Horde::log($e) in the catch block in Wicked::mail().