[horde] Horde-mails come with higher Spam-Score

Heinz Hummel heinz.hummel99 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 07:58:39 UTC 2017

Hi,

while checking against SpamAssasin it seems that Webmails sent over Horde
interface get a higher Spam-score comparing to other webmailers.
SpamAssasin complains about a numeric IP in HELO request. Since my mail
server definitely uses a domain name in HELO, I did some more investigation
and found it seems to be caused by the different (hop-)IPs that are stored
in a mail.

Here Horde behaves different to other applications: it looks like it adds
my local computers IP to the mail which misses something SpamAssasin is
checking for. Since my internet provider is responsible for this IP, I do
not have the chance to change something at this IP's configuration.

So my question: is it possible to configure Horde in a way where my local
computers IP does not become part of a Webmail-written message but only the
IP of the mail server the mail is sent from? All other webmailers I tried
do not seem to send this first IP, which then results in a much better
spam-score for these mails.

Thanks!

Heinz