[horde] Bad log level META

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 21 16:07:45 UTC 2017

Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> On 21 February 2017 at 14:38, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>> Done and sent off-list.
>>

>> Well, this is not correct:
>>
>> 2017-02-21T12:17:33+00:00 DEBUG: Variable information:
>> object(Horde_Core_Log_Logger)#76 (3) {
>>   ["_levels":"Horde_Log_Logger":private]=>  <----------------- Not correct.
>>   array(8) {
>>     [0]=>
>>     string(5) "EMERG"
>>     [1]=>
>>     string(5) "ALERT"
>>     [2]=>
>>     string(4) "CRIT"
>>     [3]=>
>>     string(3) "ERR"
>>     [4]=>
>>     string(4) "WARN"
>>     [5]=>
>>     string(6) "NOTICE"
>>     [6]=>
>>     string(4) "INFO"
>>     [7]=>
>>     string(5) "DEBUG"
>>   }
>>
>> The visibility of that member should be "protected", and not "private". This
>> was changed in Horde_Log along with the commits that modified the logging.
>> Are you SURE you have a pristine git *master* checkout and your system isn't
>> including any FRAMEWORK_5_2 libraries?
>>
>> See
>> https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/f78145d405576ce30fabcbbc87e28952225a8ba5
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't document my git install :(  but looking at the
> current script, I can't see how it isn't a pristine check out - I can
> send you the log, but it does a good job of deleting all the files and
> recreating the symlinks.  In fact, if I look into the file from the
> link you sent, I see the file is as the link looks like it should be.
>
>    33 class Horde_Log_Logger implements Serializable
>    34 {
>    35     /* Serialize version. */
>    36     const VERSION = 1;
>    37
>    38     /**
>    39      * Log levels where the keys are the level priorities and
> the values are
>    40      * the level names.
>    41      *
>    42      * @var array
>    43      */
>    44     protected $_levels = array();
>    45
>    46     /**
>    47      * Horde_Log_Handler_Base objects.
>    48      *
>    49      * @var array
>    50      */
>    51     protected $_handlers = array();
>   "/usr/share/git-horde5/framework/Log/lib/Horde/Log/Logger.php" 252L, 7156C
>

> How would I determine if the system has any orphan FRAMEWORK_5_2 libraries?

Look at phpinfo() from within Horde's admin phpshell. Make sure that
the include_path doesn't include any  path that may have any older
libraries. Also make sure you clear any local server caches and/or
restart the webserver. Perhaps you have some stale opcode cache? Other
than that, I'm really out of ideas.

--
mike
The Horde Project