[horde] gollem dirs act strange

Frank Lienhard frank at mclien.de
Wed Mar 1 19:13:05 UTC 2017

On 03/01/2017 07:28 PM, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Frank Lienhard <frank at mclien.de>:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I have on my server a horde (groupware without webmail) installed via
>> pear.
>> I added gollem to share files with others.
>> One of the users told me that last night the dir share/<username> was
>> missing.
>> And next day it was there but with a capital letter like share/<Username>
>> I configured gollem to use part of the real filesystem as storage and on
>> the server (cli) I can see that there are in fact now 2 dirs.
>>
>> How do I now diagnose what happened there?
>
> Sounds like maybe the user logged in with a differently cased username.
> I.e., "Username" vs "username" and your VFS backend is case sensitive.
> You may want to investigate the use of a hook to normalize the login name.

I was thinking of that too.
The server is running centOS (which IS case sensitive like any *NIX I know).
Is that a common know problem with these setup or Do I have to test that
with an extra dummy-user.

I'd normally expected the system to respond with a loginfail in the case
that the user "noob" tries to log in with the name "Noob" (like it would
happen for a linux login).
Or is that impossible for reasons like horde running on an OS, which
doesn't work case-sensitive?