[horde] Migrating user data from an old horde instance to a new installation

Christian Schoepplein c.schoepplein at musin.de
Fri Mar 3 14:48:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a damn old horde installation which has to be migrated to a
current setup.

Old installation:

  * Gollem: H3 (1.0.2)
  * Horde: 3.1.4
  * Imp: H3 (4.1.4)
  * Ingo: H3 (1.1.3)
  * Kronolith: H3 (2.1.4)
  * Turba: H3 (2.1.5)

New setup:

  * Horde: 5.2.13
  * Content: 2.0.5
  * Gollem: H5 (3.0.10)
  * Imp: H5 (6.2.17)
  * Ingo: H5 (3.2.13)
  * Kronolith: H5 (4.2.19)
  * Nag: H5 (4.2.13)
  * Timeobjects: 2.1.3
  * Turba: H5 (4.2.18)

Migrating and adapting the config from the old to the new system causes
me no trouble, but I am not able to migrate all the userspecific data
stored in the mysql db backend.

for that reason I see two possebilities now:

1. Try again to migrate the database from the old horde setup to the new
   installation. Because I have no idea what went wrong during the
   first try, it is very likely that I will run into the same issues
   again :-(.
2. Start the new installation with an empty database which will be OK,
   if I at least can migrate the addressbook entries from the old to
   the new installation. What steps are necessary to do this? Would it
   also be possible to export the adressbook entries into e.g. vCards,
   csv files or whatever and import them into the new system via a
   script or so?

Any help or hints how to migrate the adresses would be great!

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

  Christian

--
Christian Schoepplein

Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
Zentrum fuer Informationstechnologie im Bildungsbereich (ZIB)
- Netze und Servermanagement

Postanschrift:                          Bueroanschrift:

Landeshauptstadt Muenchen               Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
Referat fuer Bildung und Sport          Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
Postfach                                Bayerstr. 28 (Raum 5.326)

80313 Muenchen                          80335 Muenchen

T: +49 (0)89 233-87623
E: c.schoepplein (at) musin.de
I: http://www.zib.musin.de

Elektronische Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt Muenchen, siehe:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken. Pro
Blatt sparen Sie durchschnittlich 15g Holz, 260ml Wasser, 0,05kWh Strom
und 5g CO2.