[horde] Migrating user data from an old horde instance to a new installation

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Mar 3 15:08:14 UTC 2017

Zitat von Christian Schoepplein <c.schoepplein at musin.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I have a damn old horde installation which has to be migrated to a
> current setup.
>
> Old installation:
>
>   * Gollem: H3 (1.0.2)
>   * Horde: 3.1.4
>   * Imp: H3 (4.1.4)
>   * Ingo: H3 (1.1.3)
>   * Kronolith: H3 (2.1.4)
>   * Turba: H3 (2.1.5)
>
> New setup:
>
>   * Horde: 5.2.13
>   * Content: 2.0.5
>   * Gollem: H5 (3.0.10)
>   * Imp: H5 (6.2.17)
>   * Ingo: H5 (3.2.13)
>   * Kronolith: H5 (4.2.19)
>   * Nag: H5 (4.2.13)
>   * Timeobjects: 2.1.3
>   * Turba: H5 (4.2.18)
>
> Migrating and adapting the config from the old to the new system causes
> me no trouble, but I am not able to migrate all the userspecific data
> stored in the mysql db backend.
>
> for that reason I see two possebilities now:
>
> 1. Try again to migrate the database from the old horde setup to the new
>    installation. Because I have no idea what went wrong during the
>    first try, it is very likely that I will run into the same issues
>    again :-(.

Maybe you didn't migrate your data to the last Horde 3 version yet.
This is the data structure that the automatic migrations from Horde 4
and Horde 5 expect.

> 2. Start the new installation with an empty database which will be OK,
>    if I at least can migrate the addressbook entries from the old to
>    the new installation. What steps are necessary to do this? Would it
>    also be possible to export the adressbook entries into e.g. vCards,
>    csv files or whatever and import them into the new system via a
>    script or so?
>
> Any help or hints how to migrate the adresses would be great!

You can always create a custom address book from the old address book
structure and leave the default address book structure in Turba alone.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project