[horde] Migrating user data from an old horde instance to a new installation

Maurício José T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Mar 3 22:04:27 UTC 2017

Citando Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Christian Schoepplein <c.schoepplein at musin.de>:
>
>> Hi Jan,

>>> Maybe you didn't migrate your data to the last Horde 3 version yet. This is
>>> the data structure that the automatic migrations from Horde 4 and Horde 5
>>> expect.
>>
>> Yes, I also think that something went wrong during the update to the
>> latest patchlevel of horde 3.x, but the question is what :-(. There were
>> so many changes to the database for this old versions of horde and its
>> applications :-(. How can I find out if I am at the latest patchlevel
>> for horde 3.x and every application I use?
>
> The only way is to manually compare all the documented migrations
> steps from your Horde 3 version to the latest Horde 3 version with
> what you have in the database. That's why we invented migrations for
> Horde 4.

>>> You can always create a custom address book from the old address book
>>> structure and leave the default address book structure in Turba alone.
>>
>> How can this be done?
>>
>> The only important data I have to migrate are the addresses, for all
>> other userspecific data starting from scratch is OK or even the better
>> solution

I had a similar problem when I did not upgraded to Horde 4. I upgraded
from 3 do 5, but some users did have problem with their agendas or
address books. Finaly, after a long time, I have a new server
installed with up to date Debian, installed Horde using Pear, migrated
mysql database and it was a disaster! Those small problems turned into
unusable to several users.

So, my sugestion is that you don't migrate your DB, so you will not
keep a doubt.

Keep your old system running.

Have your new installation done by Horde install documentation. Create
a new blank database, create tables using the Horde migration script
(see documentation).

Set some preferences for Horde and Imp that you think apropriated.

Have your users export their data (agenda, contacts, notes) from old
system - or make a script to do that for all users (I did'nt do it) -
and import then into the new system.

They must fill their name, email (global pref. - person. Info), mail
signature (or copy/paste from old system).

Do that for you first as a test and take note of each step . Then
inform and instruct your users on how to do the export/import prosses,
step by step.

That worked for me and my users (research institution of a Federal
University in Brazil).

Mauricio

> See turba/config/backends.php. Create a backends.local.php with a
> custom address book configuration, mimicking the configuration and
> field map from Turba H3.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> https://www.horde.org/

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Núcleo de Informática
CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão