[horde] Upgrade of Horde from V. 3 to V. 5 failed

Alexandre DENIS contact at alexandredenis.net
Mon Mar 13 09:16:32 UTC 2017

On Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:15:22 -0400
"Me" <nospam4me at excite.com> wrote:

> >You are missing the point. This isn't something that we "decided".
> >It's a matter of the case sensitivity of the authentication backend
> >(this may be an IMAP server, an LDAP server, a sql server etc...). We
> >can't assume that any installation is going to want their usernames
> >always lowercased.
>
> Hi Mike,
> I understand that the login is dependent on IMAP, LDAP, etc. That is
> why in many cases it will allow: john or John to log in the same. The
> problem is how Horde treats that input. You said: "We can't assume
> that any installation is going to want their usernames always
> lowercased." If you assume if it is case sensitive or if you assume
> it is not case sensitive, ether way you are assuming. Why not
> eliminate the guessing game and ask a question during horde install?
> This is not something that just happened to me. If you google the
> error message: "rampage_users_user_name"  you get 284 forum topics/
> posts with the same problem.

Hi,

I don't know whether authentication should be case-sensitive on the
login or not, but it should at least be consistent across apps.

A bug I have encountered, thanks to autocompletion on mobile phone,
which insists on putting a upper case first letter in logins: I login
successfully in horde (my auth backend is sql), my default app is
kronolith and behave ok, then I click on "Notes", I get the main mnemo
page, and if I click on any note, I get "You do not have permission to
view this notepad". Oops!

-a.