[horde] Horde with Postfix, mySQL and Dovecot

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 03:02:55 UTC 2017

dovecot:  https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL

>   Postfix, mysql and dovecot are all working together for local email.
Thunderbird doesn't want to work with them, but evolution and blue mail are
working so I'm good there.

>   Question is:  what changes to horde do I need to make to so I can login
to horde to access these services?  What did I miss in the instructions?

>   I've gone over the tutorial several times and I can't seem to figure it
out.  I've tried searching google and looked at the config files, but
obviously I'm missing something.

>   I installed horde via pear, running version 5.2.13.  This is all
running on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS inside a container.  PHP Version:
5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21.

Replace "Horde" with Outlook and see if that answers your question.

The difference is instead of setting up Horde using a GUI, you have to do
some back-end configuration.

If thunderbird isn't working with dovecot, then you have problems you
should probably address there first.

Simon