[horde] CheckBox Issue... I call it a bug, you?

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Mon Mar 27 13:19:18 UTC 2017

> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > Zitat von David Cunningham <dcunningham at additionnetworks.net>:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> When using the current version of Horde I click on the subject line
> >> of an email to preview it in the preview window.
> >>
> >> If you then click the check box of a different email with the
> >> intention of deleting it you leave two checked emails.  So, when
> >> you hit delete, both are deleted.
> >>
> >> On any other system (Google, Yahoo, Aol) when you preview an email
> >> it does not check it.  It is only checked when you click the
> >> checkbox itself or do a multi select manually.
> >>
> >> This has been an issue for a few of our users mistakenly deleting
emails.

> >> Can this code be adjusted so when clicking on an email itself for
> >> the purpose or preview it does not check it in the checkbox
> >> column... only if you click the check box?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Dave
> >
> > This has been the behaviour since the first dynamic webmail version
> > almost 10 years ago. Changing this would in return confuse every of
> > our existing users.
> >
> > --
> > Jan Schneider
> > The Horde Project
> > https://www.horde.org/
> >
> > --
>

> ----- End message from Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> -----
>
> I had raised the same issue sometime in February 2014 with subject
> "Some of our users are loosing their mails.".  But, issue was rejected
> by the developer team.
>
> It is not a complaint. But, still a suggestion to re-look at this
> issue.  Our users are still facing this issue once in a while.  User
> is either able to manage by looking at Trash or asking admin to
> retrieve it as part of unexpunge feature of cyrus-imap.

I think the issue is not that it selects email message on the preview, but
that clicking checkbox doesn't unselect previously clicked message. I
don't remember much how IMP dynamic interface works because I'm not using
it anymore, but in my opinion just clicking on the checkbox should be
equal to clicking on the subject. This goes the same for multiselection
when using Shift or Ctrl on the keyboard.

--
   Vilius