[horde] Successful Horde migration to PHP7.0 - feedback

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Mon Apr 3 13:40:38 UTC 2017

Dear Horde Devs, Dear Community,

Recently I finished my horde migration to a PHP7.0 machine using Apache 2.4
and PHP7.0 FPM via mod_proxy_fcgi.

It required some manual patching of non-horde pear packages (trivial
changes). Additionally some Horde packages had to installed using the -force
switch.

Besides this minor issues, it works like a charm. Even some bugs and itches
I encountered with PHP 5.6 disappeared using PHP 7.0.

Many thanks to Mike and the whole Horde dev Team for the very fast and
highly supportive debugging sessions - your service was great (as always..)

When talking about PHP 7.0: What is the current status of Horde 5.3 / 6.0
release? What are your plans? Are there ways to push things forward
(funding, crownd sourcing)?

Thanks again,

Torben