[horde] [SECURITY] Horde Groupware 5.2.19 (final)

Maurício José T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Fri Apr 7 13:20:20 UTC 2017

Citando Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Maurício José T. Tecles <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:
>
>> I have two servers wiht Horde Groupware Webmail Edition, one is the
>> production server and the other the backup/test server. Yesterday I
>> upgraded both to 5.2.19 and notice that they have differences in
>> Pear and Pecl packages, Horde packages have the same versions in
>> both servers.
>>
>> PHP version is 5.6.30-0+deb8u1.
>>
>> Packages marked "<---" have different versions.
>> The production server have some packages that are not installed in
>> the backup/test server (maybe for another reason than Horde, or not).
>>
>> Listing only the differences:
>>
>> INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PEAR.PHP.NET:
>> ======= Production server =============
>> DB                      1.8.2   stable <---
>> Date_Holidays_Brazil    0.1.2   alpha
>> HTML_Common2            2.1.1   stable
>> HTML_QuickForm2         2.0.2   stable
>> HTML_QuickForm2_Captcha 0.1.2   alpha
>> HTTP_Request2           2.2.1   stable
>> Mail                    1.2.0   stable <---
>> Math_BigInteger         1.0.2   stable <---
>> Net_SMTP                1.7.1   stable <---
>> Net_URL2                2.2.0   stable
>> PEAR                    1.10.3  stable <---
>> Services_ReCaptcha      1.0.3   stable
>> Structures_Graph        1.1.1   stable <---
>> Text_Password           1.1.1   stable <---
>> XML_Util                1.4.2   stable <---
>> ======= backup/test server ==========
>> DB                  1.9.2   stable <---
>> Mail                1.3.0   stable <---
>> Math_BigInteger     1.0.3   stable <---
>> Net_SMTP            1.7.3   stable <---
>> PEAR                1.9.5   stable <---
>> Structures_Graph    1.0.4   stable <---
>> Text_Password       1.2.1   stable <---
>> XML_Util            1.2.3   stable <---
>>

>> INSTALLED PACKAGES, CHANNEL PECL.PHP.NET:
>> ======= Production server =============
>> mongodb   1.1.8   stable <---
>> msgpack   0.5.7   beta
>> pecl_http 2.5.5   stable
>> propro    1.0.2   stable
>> raphf     1.1.2   stable
>> ssh2      0.12    beta   <---
>> xdiff     1.4.1   stable
>> ======= backup/test server ==========
>> mongodb   1.2.5   stable <---
>> ssh2      0.13    stable <---
>>
>> The backup/test server where upgraded from Horde Groupware Webmail
>> Edition 5.2.18 to 5.2.19.
>>
>> The production server where upgraded from Horde Groupware Webmail
>> Edition 5.2.17 to 5.2.19. From the upgrade process on this server,
>> I can see:
>>
>> downloading ssh2-0.13.tgz ...
>> Starting to download ssh2-0.13.tgz (28,984 bytes)
>> ...done: 28,984 bytes
>>
>> and
>>
>> ERROR: pecl.php.net/ssh2 not installed
>>
>> Note, as listed above, that it has already installed ssh2 0.12 beta.
>
> You probably had it installed with the -B flag of the pear command.

Yes, installed and upgraded Horde with the -B flag of the pear command.

>> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition seems to be working fine on both servers.
>>
>> Should I force to install ssh2-0.13 (production server)?
>
> Do you use any SSH features in Horde at all? It's only used for SSH
> backends of the VFS. If you don't use it, you don't need to install
> or update it either.
>
>> Should I force upgrade to the newer versions of the packages listed
>> above, on both servers?
>
> Only you can answer this. It makes much sense though to have the
> same packages and package versions installed on your test like on
> your production server, otherwise you are not testing under the same
> conditions.

OK, done! Now both have up to date PEAR packages, except for the PECL
packages (phpize: not found) - the maintenance window was closing, but
I will try again.

Thank you, Jan!
Mauricio

>> What about the packages that are not installed on the backup/test
>> server, should I install them?
>
> See above.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> https://www.horde.org/

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Núcleo de Informática
CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão